Re: [K12OSN] Linux and Macs

Jennifer Waters wrote:
Happy New Year everyone,
I would like to know if anyone has Macs and if they
can make them log into a Linux server?  We have Macs,
PC's, and thinclints here.  I can make the PC's log in
and my thinclints, but I don't know how I can get the
Mac's to log in.  I am trying to get Yellow Dog or
maybe MKLinux to work on our iMacs, still working on
it, haven't been successful yet.  If anyone has any
suggestions I would love to hear.

You can use netatalk for Macs, if you run MacOS. If, on the other hand, you are trying to set up YDL, I can help you out with that since I run YDL myself. What are the problems you are running in?

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin