Re: [K12OSN] TeacherTool.py Help debugging

David Trask wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I copied the TeacherTool.py script from the Yorktown High LUG site
> http://yhslug.tux.org/projects.php3
>
> When I tried to run it I got the following error......can anyone
> straighten me out?
>
> [root server root]# python TeacherTool.py
>   File "TeacherTool.py", line 198
>     names += "\n"+x
>            ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Hi David,

I'm no Python expert, but I've seen this one before.  I'm hoping someone
will step in and correct me if I'm wrong.

The "x+=y" operation means "x=x+y" but it is relatively new to Python.
You have two options:  upgrade to a newer release of Python, or change
the Python code:

names = names+"\n"+x

I'm not positive that what I've suggested will work.

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
The sooner you get behind, the more time you'll have to catch up