Re: [K12OSN] TeacherTool.py Help debugging

That is the same as what the rest of us that tried it a month or so ago got.

I don't know enough about python to debug it further than that but I had thought that it wasn't working because fo a change between 2.* and 3.*b but if you are still on 2.* then that can't be the cause.

David Trask wrote:

I modified the code to read

names = names+"\n"+x

As I have Python 1.5.2 as it comes with K12LTSP 2.1   I can get the GUI to
start....but all I can see in the list are a bunch of   "X11 32777" and so
forth.  I can't make heads or tails of it.  Any ideas?

k12osn redhat com writes:

David Trask wrote:

Hi,

I copied the TeacherTool.py script from the Yorktown High LUG site http://yhslug.tux.org/projects.php3

When I tried to run it I got the following error......can anyone
straighten me out?

[root server root]# python TeacherTool.py

Run it as:

python2 TeacherTool.py

and preferably as non-root, unless it requires to be run as root. You also need python2 installed.

Regards,
--
Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin