[K12OSN] LDAP and cyrus...

Eric (or anyone that might know),

There used to be a link on http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us that pointed to info setting up cyrus and ldap to do email... The link is broken now, so I'm curious -- is it terribly difficult?

Next school year, we'll have linux, mac, and windows -- and I'd like to use LDAP for our authentication. Is it possible to set up email accounts via cyrus automagically?

Another question -- when a linux box authenticates from LDAP, I assume during the process of adding a user, a home directory has to be made as well. (Perhaps Eric's scripts do this?)

Lastly, do commandline things like "passwd username" as root still change the password? (ie, as root, can I change a students password at the commandline, or is fancy LDAPping required?)

Thank you all,
-Shawn Powers