Re: [K12OSN] TeacherTool.py Help debugging

so your saying it's display needs to be on another display than the server for it to work?

I get x11 33913 type or items in the "user" list and ps errors in the terminal window, so I tried
ps x11 33913 and then I get a list of the programs running as that item, it looks like it is not finding the username
but something else.

and if I run it like you suggest it does show ssh 33913 instead of x11 33913 also I still get the ps errors when trying to view a users processes and skill errors when trying to logout a user.

I believe that it is not passing or maybe even getting usernames correctly.

Jeffrey Elkner wrote:

I'm cc'ing this to Robert Melton, who wrote TeacherTool.py, in the hopes
that he can better answer you question than I can.

We put TeacherTool.py on our LTSPserver in the /root directory.  I then
ssh into the LTSPserver from my desktop box, su - to root and run

./TeacherTool.py &

A Tkinter window then appears on *my* desktop that looks like the
attached image below.

The X display has to be exported so that it can run on the server and
display on my box.  I think your present error has something to do with
that.

I'm also cc'ing this to Donald Oellerich, the student who administers
our LTSPserver.  If Robert doesn't have time to answer, perhaps Donald
can.

Hope this helps.

jeff elkner
yorktown high school