Re: [K12OSN] Re: Followup on prior discussion on dualing DHCPservers, MS and K12LTSP

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 14:07, Steve Wright wrote:
Large snip
> The Linux dhcpd.conf works well.  It has been production stable for
> perhaps a year.  I fully expect you will need to modify some bits of it
> to work on your network.  I pull the Cat5 cable on our subnet when
> booting terminals so to ignore their MS DHCP, and then everything works
> well.  /me shakes head.
I am not able to get the following to work on the Linux server;
------------ add this bit

     # trick from Steve Wright <paua quicksilver net nz>
     # If your LTSP system shares a subnet with a NT4 or W2K server
     # uncomment the following.
      if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 4) = "MSFT"
     {
       # Windows 95/98/NT/2k Calling. Don't respond.
       deny booting;
     }

--------------- done. dhcpd.conf continues..

Have you been able to get this to work? Even with the above added to
/etc/dhcpd.conf the Linux server still gives an IP address to the
windows clients when they boot. Does this work for you as written? Or
does it work for you with some later modification you developed? Please
let me know.

FYI my clients are Windows NT 4.0.

--

Thanks,

John

 system and Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.
                - Mattrol uscom com (Drakmere)