Re: [K12OSN] TeacherTool.py Help debugging

that got the user name stationid to show in the list so you can select them.

It still doesn't let you open a shared vnc session or start a program on thier screen
or it may be that I am just not understanding what it is supposed to do.

trelf13 yahoo com wrote:

I take it that fixed the problem and all is working
well now?

Donald

--- Tim Litwiller <tim litwiller net> wrote:

thanks for the hint!

I tried the netstat line from line 279 and then
counted line parts

for linepart for lines 287 and 288  change them to
read as below

line 287    machine = lineParts[6]
line 288    user = lineParts[10]

trelf13 yahoo com wrote:

I'm wondering if maybe one of the commands like
netstat responds differently on a different system.
This was written on/for RedHat 7.3 I believe with
python2.  Is everyone here using k12ltsp off redhat
7.3?

If someone would send me some screenshots of the
problem(s) and what you're running on, I'd be more
than willing to take a look at it tomorrow in

school.

Donald

--- Tim Litwiller <tim litwiller net> wrote:

so your saying it's display needs to be on another
display than the server for it to work?

I get x11 33913 type or items in the "user" list
and ps errors in the terminal window, so I tried
ps x11 33913 and then I get a list of the programs
running as that item, it looks like it is not finding the username
but something else.

and if I run it like you suggest it does show ssh 33913 instead of x11 33913 also I still get the ps errors when trying to view

users processes and skill errors when trying to logout a user.

I believe that it is not passing or maybe even
getting usernames correctly.

Jeffrey Elkner wrote:

I'm cc'ing this to Robert Melton, who wrote

TeacherTool.py, in the hopes

that he can better answer you question than I

can.

We put TeacherTool.py on our LTSPserver in the

/root directory. I then

ssh into the LTSPserver from my desktop box, su -

to root and run

./TeacherTool.py &

A Tkinter window then appears on *my* desktop

that

looks like the

attached image below.

The X display has to be exported so that it can

run

on the server and

display on my box. I think your present error

has

something to do with

that.

I'm also cc'ing this to Donald Oellerich, the

student who administers

our LTSPserver. If Robert doesn't have time to

answer, perhaps Donald

can.

Hope this helps.

jeff elkner