Re: [K12OSN] Stubborn users that refuse to die!

Just curious....would it be a bad thing to integrate the "kill -9" command
into TeacherTool instead of just plain "kill"?  That way it would always
work.??????  Or would that be bad?

k12osn redhat com writes:
>I run into this same problem with Mozilla, and might
>with OO as well, but it is rarely used.
>I've found that a simple 'kill <pid of mozilla>'
>doesn't cut it, I have to use what I refer to as the
>'kill it dead' signal, 9 (I'm pretty sure that's
>SIGKILL).  Use it like so:
>
># kill -9 <evil PID that won't go away>
>
>Then said PID eats death and generally goes away after
>a second or two.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School