[K12OSN] Checkinstall

I didn't find any mention of this previously on the list via a quick google
so now's as good a time as any...

Ever compile apps from source?  CheckInstall is for you!

"CheckInstall keeps track of all files installed by a "make install" or
equivalent, creates a Slackware, RPM, or Debian package with those files,
and adds it to the installed packages database, allowing for easy package
removal or distribution."

Now how *cool* is that?  If you've ever installed from source, you can
probably see the advantages of such a utility in an instant.  A very happy
find today (for me at least) at any rate...

http://freshmeat.net/projects/checkinstall/

http://checkinstall.izto.org/

Enjoy!

James Jensen