[K12OSN] RE: School Management Software

I've been lurking for a while on this list as I am toying with the idea of moving much of our system from M$ to less expensive alternatives.

In South Dakota much of the state uses a product called Infinite Campus from School Extra www.schoolextra.com I just wanted to mention it because it is entirely web based and runs on a Windows/SQL server. More importantly the code isn't IE dependent making the system entirely cross platform.

I couldn't tell you what it costs to implement as the SD Dept. of Ed. paid for it, but it is a pretty decent product and I've used it on PCs and Macs using IE, Netscape, Opera, and yes even the brand new Safari. I can't remember for sure if I ever used the system from a Linux workstation or not, but I am guessing that Mozilla would handle it just fine.

Campus is an ever changing system and does have its bugs, but it generally doesn't take long for a fix to be implemented.

Thought you might be interested.

Sherm   <><
Kelly Reed Schuerman
Technology Administrator
Chester Area School
Chester, SD
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schuerman;Kelly
FN:Schuerman, Kelly
ORG:Chester Area School - 39-1;Administration
TITLE:Technology Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(605) 489-2411
ADR;WORK:;;102 2nd Ave, Po Box 159;Chester;SD;57016
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:102 2nd Ave, Po Box 159=0D=0AChester, SD 57016
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Kelly Schuerman k12 sd us
REV:20000211T202016Z
END:VCARD