[K12OSN] where to keep home

Hello helpful K12LTSP users,

A friend of mine, who is also a computer technician in the neighboring school district is interested in setting up some LTSP, and sent me a question, because I have a lab up and running. His question to me was:

"We want to try and get our LTSP box to work with our OS X server. We
want users to login to the linux and get their home dir. off of the mac. have
you done this or know how?"

We are still running Appleshare servers for our Macs, so I haven't even tried. I don't know enough to suggest anything, being a newbie to Linux myself. I'm sure it's possible to set the home dirs to be on another server, especially one running OS X, I just don't know how one does this.
Any help is appreciated and I will pass it along to him. I'm interested in learning this myself because I'm sure it won't be long before I may have to go down this path too.

Thanks,
Jimmy Schwankl