Re: [K12OSN] LDAP...what is it and how can it help me

Hi Tom,

> <big snip>
>
> The magic bean...  this is where I need help - - among other places :)
> Make windows and mac auth against LDAP... Does this work through SMB, I
> mean make SMB auth through LDAP ?  And use SMB as a PDC for M$ PC clients.
> Yes/No ? The other big part is connecting the file systems so your /home
> drive follows you where ever you go.

As I undestand it.

Samba uses a PAM module to authenticate users from the Linux user list.
At least when I set up the server where I used to work I noticed a PAM
module in Webmin for this.

If that is the case, it should pass straight through to LDAP along this
path.

Samba PAM authenticates to Linux
Linux PAM autheniticates to LDAP

That's the theory. ;-)