Re: Re:[K12OSN] Server specs

Hello Trond,

The installation process will detect multiple CPUs.

When I installed K12LTSP v2.0 the bootloader gave me two options at
startup.

I could use the single CPU or SMP kernel.

It's that simple.

The server I installed had the following specs.

ASUS Dual CPU system board with onboard dual channel U160 SCSI, 10 / 100
onboard NIC, serverset chipset (same chipset can be found on some Compaq
servers)
2 x PIII 850
3GB registered RAM
3 x 16 GB U160 scsi drives
20/40 GB Tandberg SLR tape drive (this was before people started
mentioning rsync to large backup drives :(  )

>From my experience it should happen automagically.

Cheers,
Bert