[K12OSN] Print Accounting with LPRng

Is anyone doing print accounting? In particular using LPRng? I am close, but my printer (HP4000) will not report back the page count.

The print runs though ifhp like it's supposed to but the reported pagecount is always 0. I ran sendhp.sh (a testing utility included with ifhp) and it also gives me a 0 page count.

I noticed that RedHat does not release an RPM of ifhp so I built it myself...I am wondering if I goobered something or if RedHat doesn't support ifhp intentionally.

Is anyone doing print accounting using CUPS? Any problems or gotchas using CUPS?

FWIW, I can get a valid print count from the printer using npadmin.

Thanks!

Scott
Scott Sherrill
Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools
Hancock, MI
http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us