[K12OSN] K12LTSP on Proliant 1600

I am trying to load K12LTSP 3.0 on a Compaq Proliant 1600. The install probes the graphics card and the monitor but then freezes. I have tried installing Mandrake and running Knoppix also on this server but have not been successful with anything. I have searched the web and found out that Linux can be very difficult to install on Compaqs with a Smart Array controller.

Is anyone running a server like this? If so...can you give me some tips or suggestions?

Thanks

Don Fogle
System Administrator
Owensboro Public Schools