Re: [K12OSN] LDAP...what is it and how can it help me

Hi Bert,
That's how I thought it should work, but again that's on paper. I just setup a
serious test network M$ PC, an LDAP server only, an SMB server only, and a 3.0 LTSP server only with one terminal so I am ready to test test test.

Paul, Eric and others - - Wow !!! 3.0 is very cool.

Thanks again,
TV

As I undestand it.

Samba uses a PAM module to authenticate users from the Linux user list.
At least when I set up the server where I used to work I noticed a PAM
module in Webmin for this.

If that is the case, it should pass straight through to LDAP along this
path.

Samba PAM authenticates to Linux
Linux PAM autheniticates to LDAP

That's the theory. ;-)