Re: [K12OSN] X Server - GDM problems

Mike Rambo wrote:

Chris Gillies wrote:

I don't particularly want to have to start the server in runlevel 5

Unless you have another way to start the display manager in run level 3 (I don't know one) you'll have to use level 5. Level 5 is the norm with ltsp.

You can start the server in runlevel 5 *without* running X on the server. This same question was asked a month or two back, and you will be able to locate that solution in the archives.

regards, Steve