Re: [K12OSN] Server specs

Hi all,

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 01:18, David D. Nelson wrote:
> Trond,
>
> I haven't seen anyone specifically address your
> question about a case. You need PLENTY of air flow to
> keep your components, especially the hard drives,
> cool.

I agree with this.

I had to tackle the problem in a slightly different manner.

This sounds a bit Heath Robinson, but it works.

I mounted the SCSI drives in an old, stripped out, desktop case. All I
left in was the power supply.

I've used external u160 cables and gender changers to connect up the
drives in my external "drive box". Add a high volume case fan that slots
into one of the 5.25" drive bays, and I've got nice cool hard drives.

All I have to remember is the correct startup and shutdown sequence.
Startup drives then server.
Shutdown server then drives.

Cheers,
Bert