[K12OSN] upgraded

Hey,
I upgraded from 2.0 to 3.0 on the frankenstein box I made.
Install went fine until the very end of the last disk I got a
"bad media" message regarding a kooka package or something.  I failed to debug.
The box is up and running with 3.0 though.
the apt-get thingies placed in the /root home failed to work.
I downloaded Realplayer and installed it myself.
I downloaded the j2re from Sun but did not get it installed yet.
I have not gone looking for Flash or Acrobat Reader yet.
I am having a problem with one user acct (my own) and kde.
Apparently some part of a theme I chose caused the kde splashscreen to crash.
Now I can only sign in to that account with gnome or IceWM.
I am going to try and figure out what needs to be edited in what
file for that user account and maually change the settings, since I
wildly prefer KDE.
My daughters desktop account (I did tell you that I set up my 3 y/o with an account, didn't I) still works just fine and she is still enjoying PotatoGuy, Tuxtype, et al.

tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!
Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag