[K12OSN] Yum

I've also been playing around with YUM (http://www.dulug.duke.edu/yum/)

I'm not a big fan of apt, but at the same time I like having my own little
collection of packages that can be installed (RHN works great, but currently
has no support for local/custom packages).

YUM is much more like up2date than apt.  I created yum packages for
K12LTSP 3.0 & setup a RPM repository.

If you want to test it out, here's the package:

  ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/8.0/RPMS.unstable/yum-0.9.4-1_8x.k12ltsp.1.noarch.rpm

Here's a VERY SHORT howto:

        yum list updates    # list availabe updates
        yum update foo      # install or upgrade package foo
        yum update          # do all updates

-Eric