Re: [K12OSN] Lan connection

"Arnel G. Pastrana" wrote:

> Hi Everyone:)
>
> Before i used one ethernet card only i have ppp0 for my default internet
> connection.
>
> Now i have the privilege to connect to my isp using a LAN connection.
>
> Can any body tell me what files should i edit again to use eth1 for
> inter and eth0 for just a local connection?
>
> If somebody here are using this setup already pls. share me some info.
>
> Thanks and God bless

Take a look at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and add a line
to it like this:

GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

Make sure you use the ip address of your router though.

Once you've made the edit, type "service network restart" as root (no
quotes).  Then enter the "route -n" command (again no quotes).  The last
entry (usually) should have your gateway's ip address in the second
column.

Then try pinging an outside address with "ping google.com" (use ctrl-C
to stop the pinging).

If you get returns on the pings, you're in business.

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse
  - Calvin's Dad