[K12OSN] Hello, all!

Hello!
  My name is Paul Iadonisi and I am trying to put together a cheap turnkey
network for schools in my vicinity (Northeast -- Masschusetts and New
Hampshire, mostly).  I've fiddled with K12LTSP off an on for a year or
so, but now I'm getting down to the details and actually trying to get stuff
up and running.
  First, I want to say to the developers working on this project: Fabulous
job!  I was able to install a 3.0.0 server and, with *zero* tweaking and
the help of an etherboot floppy generated from rom-o-matic.org, boot my
first client.
  Okay, so now I want to eliminate the need for the floppy completely.  I
have a small set of Compaq Deskpro machines with mostly Intel Ethernet
Express Pro 100 network cards.  These cards appear to be PXE enabled, so
I start digging into what's necessary to do remote booting with PXE.
  Aye, aye, aye, I thought it would be simple.  Ouch.  Actually, I think
I have gotten pretty far, but my client gets stuck on the tftp transfer.
I'm not using a pxe server, but it seems that ISC dhcp-3.0p1 can actually
take the place of a pxe server.
  I do see in the system log that the client does get an address and, after
adding '-vvv' to the in.tftpd args in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp (and HUPing xinetd),
that the tftp request for the file /lts/pxe/pxelinux.bin is received.  But the
tftp server doesn't seem to want to send the file.  Even a tcpdump confirms
that it's not being sent, rather than just being sent but not received by the
PXE client.
  I've confirmed that the tftp server is working by doing a simple transfer
from my laptop, which I have hooked up to the network.
  Doing a google search turned up a couple of things, one indicating that
the Intel eepro100 card needs the pxelinux package rather than the regular
intel pxe package bundled with Red Hat.  Can anyone confirm this?  Or maybe
that was for the 3com 905c cards.  I forgot.  The same reference I found also
mentions that multicast tftp is needed.  I hope that's not true, since it's
proving to be a bit complex to get working.
  Of course, whatever works, I'm willing to go with.  I've been struggling
with this for a couple days now and figured I put my feelers out to see
if anyone else has run into this.
  Any help would be much a appreciated.  Sorry to start of with a plea
for help.  I'm always available on other lists for general Linux help
and especially Red Hat help.  I promise, I won't unsubscribe once I get
an answer.  ;-)  I'll stay on the list to offer whatever help I can.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator