Re: [K12OSN] Hello, all!

  Thanks for the info, Russ!  I think the most useful information you
provided was the xinetd rate limiting issue (I shoulda known as I've hit
that with other services as far back as eight years ago with inetd on
SunOS 4.x) and the alternate tftp servers.  That last point is
especially helpful as I, too, found that the one that comes with
RH8.0/K12LTSP3.0.0 is *way* too quiet.  It's almost not worth the extra
code to increment the 'verbosity' variable for every '-v', since it
makes so little difference ;-).
  Anyhow, at least I have a few more things to try.  The good news is I
came across a 3c509c and it worked with stock K12LTSP 3.0.0.  No
tweaking whatsoever.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it would have worked
without even ever *logging into* the server even once.
  We do have a lot of these Intel cards around, though, so it would be
nice to get them working, too.  I'll keep the list updated.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator