Re: [K12OSN] Change the default WM

I'm using XDM instead of GDM (decided not to install
anything gnome), but this config may still apply for
GDM.
One way as far as I know to change the default is to
edit /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients and set on one of the
beginning lines:

# check to see if the user has a preferred desktop
PREFERRED=icewm
if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/desktop ]; then

Or if you'd rather, you can force using icewm by
making it look something like this at the very top:

xhost -
xhost LTSPserver
exec icewm

# check to see if the user has a preferred desktop
PREFERRED=icewm

This is what I have set up, if there is an
alternate/better way to do this, please correct me.

Donald

--- Kevin Squire <gentgeen linuxmail org> wrote:

<HR>
<P>I want to change the default WM from GNOME to
ICEWM.&nbsp; Right now we log in to runlevel 5 with
GDM.&nbsp; When someone logs in without changeing
their setting, they get GNOME.&nbsp; Since my kids are
used to using windowsXP, and the ctrl-alt-del to log
out, (and the lower footprint) I would like to use
Ice.</P>
<P>I'm sure my question has been answered before, but
I can't seem to find it.&nbsp; I have gone back
through my old mail, GOOGLED, and check the website to
no avail.&nbsp; If you can point me in the right
direction, it would be greatly appriciated.</P>
<P>Gentgeen<BR></P>
--
target="_blank">http://www.linuxmail.org/</a><br>
Now with POP3/IMAP access for only US$19.95/yr</p>