Re: [K12OSN] server capable ?

Hi Jim,

Two things appear to be the bottleneck

RAM 18 terminals @ 50 MB/terminal = 900MB
This leaves 100MB fro the OS, SWAP, and CACHE.

Another 0.5 to 1 GB would help.

The other thing which is likely to cause problems is the IDE drive.

Plenty of people on this list have found that IDE works alright for
small installations, but performance will degrade as terminal numbers
increase.

SCSI is the only way to go with the size lab you have.

Cheers,
Bert