Re: [K12OSN] Multiple servers NIC question

John P. Conlon wrote:

If you have two LTSP servers in the same LAN both using DHCP to get
their IP data from a master server, will they conflict or interfere with
each other?  Does one or both NICS need to have fixed IPs addresses
instead?  I'm trying to decide whether our school district rep is
blowing smoke because I'm just a teacher in one of the schools even
though I have my own equipment or a real problem exists.

If two LTSP servers both use their eth1 connection to get their IP address with DHCP from your central DHCP Server, there will be no problem.

If the two servers are typing to share a physical subnet on their eth0 (terminal side) there will be issues. These issues are not difficult to work through.

HTH, Steve