Re: [K12OSN] server capable ?

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 17:40, Jim Dos wrote:
> I'm new to the list.. My name is Jim Dos, I'm a tech admin at Dunkerton
> School. Yesterday we set in place a 3.0 LTSP on a dual 850 P3, 1 gb ram, 10
> gb, ide hard disk, dual 100/10 net cards...

10G IDE Disk is probably killing you. Random seeks on these buggers are
pathetic -- you want to go with 10K SCSI to see a boost in your
performance. Yours is probably 7k (if not less) and with 18 clients
reading and writing the IDE channel is probably completely saturated.

--
Konstantin ("Icon") Riabitsev
Duke University Physics Sysadmin