Re: [K12OSN] server capable ?

Hi Jim,
No problem here...A few performance issues I see below...
Isn't the 509b an ISA card ? Sure they work but not the best...
I like 64MB of RAM for each user vs 50MB. Try using IceWm, man KDE and GNOME look really good, but they eat it up. :)
The 3Com device, a switch or hub ? Try a switch. 18ws, a server and internet access will eat a hub's bandwidth quickly.
Check your ethernet cables...
Are you working the heck out of that 10gig IDE ? 5400rpm or 7200rpm ?
No idea if rpm's make a huge impact but disk i/o always slows you down.
Try 8 users using GDM. Add stations from there until crash.
Let us know what happens,

Tom Ventresco