[K12OSN] IDE vs SCSI

Hi everyone,

I've been following a lot of threads lately about the performance of IDE
vs SCSI, and you've seriously convinced me to move in a SCSI direction.
But I have a few questions.

I'm thinking about leaving IDE drives in the LTSP server and using a
separate box as a SCSI file server.  If the file server exports /home,
is that enough?  Or do the LTSP servers need SCSI for other paritions as
well?  Can they mount them from a file server?  Does an NFS-mounted SCSI
drive outperform a local IDE drive?  I'd like to put the file server on
the "outside" LAN (that is, not on the terminal LAN) so it can be
available throughout our facility using NFS + Samba.

Any advice?

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com          (703) 779-7770
A pessimist is an optimist with experience