Re: [K12OSN] IDE vs SCSI

We export /home via nfs to 4 application servers all running ide drives.
The server exporting /home has fast scsi drives. This works very well.
It's really the read/writes to /home that can get you into trouble.

Once the application servers boot and open common apps like OpenOffice
and Mozilla the ide drives are not used much. I have one 60 gig ide
drive in each application server. I use 5 gigs for the k12ltsp system
and use the rest of the space for rotating backups of /home via rsync.

;-) Paul