[K12OSN] 3.0 installation problem.

I am trying to install 3.0 on a pure scsi box.  I downloaded the .iso images, checked the md5sums and they were correct. I burnt the 3 cd's without any problems.   My pc/server is an IBM 310.  It is a pure scsi box.  There are no ports on the mother board for ide drives. I do have a floppy drive.  I insert the first cd and power on the machine.  All goes well until it tries to boot from the cd at which time it says it cannot find the cd drive.  This message is issued by the install program itself.  I have installed RH7.3 on this box with no problems.  The only thing I haven't done is try to boot from a diskette and I will have to create a boot diskette for that. Anyway, has anyone had a similar problem?
TIA
Steve G.