Re: [K12OSN] IDE vs SCSI

I'm fairly sure you've got it backwards.  It looks like he's got one main
SCSI based data storage server (size unknown) and 4 EIDE based application
servers.

It looks to me like his 4 application servers have single 60 gig EIDE
drives in them.

His data storage server (the server that is exporting /home to the
application servers) has fast scsi drives.  Quite a bit more than 5 gigs
I'm sure.

It looks like those 60 gig EIDE drives in his application servers are
hardly being used, hence the 5 gigs used for K12LTSP on the application
servers 60 gig drives.

He's using the remainder of the storage (~55 gigs) on those 60 gig EIDE
drives that are in his application servers as an rsync repository that
contains online backups of his SCSI based data storage server (the one
exporting /home via NFS).

Jeff