Re: [K12OSN] server capable ?

Hi all,

I´ve read on the latest german c´t about RAID-tests. They´re talking
that there is no really necessairy in using an expansiv hardware controler
neither SCSI disks. The price<->speed solution is using software RAID5. Only
for speed using RAID10. This must be done in Linux at all.

There are existing RAID-Howtos on www.linuxdocs.org

Ciao Michael

On 15.01.03 at 18:15 Rick Gatewood wrote:
>IDE is so tempting and raid solutions from 3ware get good reviews. They
>just
>can't quite match scsi performance. Here is one test that found it takes
>two
>ide raid drives to match one scsi.
>http://www.xbitlabs.com/storage/ide-scsi/
>If the money is available, scsi is still the way to go.

Yes, if there is much more money for the best controler and fast SCSI drives.

Michael van Gemmern
Carl-Legien-Oberschule, Leinestraße 37-45
D-12047 Berlin-Neukölln, Fon: +49-30-6212021, Fax: +49-30-6212274
email: carllegien cids t-online de, Michael vanGemmern de