Re: [K12OSN] Hello, all!

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 20:13, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

[snip]

>   Anyhow, at least I have a few more things to try.  The good news is I
> came across a 3c509c and it worked with stock K12LTSP 3.0.0.  No
> tweaking whatsoever.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it would have worked
> without even ever *logging into* the server even once.
>   We do have a lot of these Intel cards around, though, so it would be
> nice to get them working, too.  I'll keep the list updated.

  Alright, I gave up on trying to find workarounds for the horribly
buggy (and old) Intel Boot Agent 0.99b that these Intel cards came with,
so I bit the bullet and decided to go with flash updating the cards.
  Seems that when the tftp request comes from the card, it has at least
one option set (maybe tsize), which is normal, but then, apparently
according to the tftp protocol, the tftp server tries to acknowledge it
(SEND_OACK in atftp).  Well the Boot Agent just happily ignores the ack
and requests the file again.  And again.  And again.  You get the
picture. ;-)
  After the flash update, the Intel card worked as beautifully as the
3c905c.  I'm in business now!
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator