Re: [K12OSN] x86 thin client apparently ignoring DHCPOFFER from LTSPsvr

Actually, the first time I ran into this issue was when I installed K12LTSP 2.0.2 from the ISO images (bone stock, BTW--not even a RPM security update). Then I tried K12LTSP 3.0.0 ISO images (again, bone stock--that's what's on the box currently). With K12LTSP 2.1.2, I tried doing the RPM upgrade to otherwise unadorned RHL 7.3 just to see if it was an issue involving the actual K12LTSP distro itself (unlikely, given the number of folks using it, but, you know, try to eliminate as much as you can), but nope, the behaviour was the same. I was careful to use K12LTSP's dhcpd.conf, in the case of 2.1.2, and you're right, RHL 7.3's stock dhcpd.conf is quite different from K12LTSP's.

--TP

Steve Wright wrote:

Terrell Prude', Jr. wrote:

I said, OK, maybe dhcpd itself is having challenges in some subtle way (BTW, I'm using the stock /etc/dhcpd.conf--no need for IP adrs changes on an isolated test bed).

do you mean the stock R/H 7.3 dhcpd.conf, or the stock K12LTSP dhcpd.conf ?

You will need to use the K12LTSP dhcpd.conf or else the terminals will not boot.

HTH, Steve