[K12OSN] s3 trio 3d onboard as client

Hi, this 2mb onboard chip boots as far as an X-windows background with a working mouse pointer and then goes no further.  The messages file from the server side says entering run level 5.  My lts.conf file is unchanged from install with the redhat 7.3 version of ltsp(I believe it is v2.1.2).

Any hints or suggestions for further clarification are most welcome.