Re: [K12OSN] BOCHS 2.x + K12LTSP 3.0 Revisited

Excellent, thanks to all.  I don't think I am getting all the mail sent to
this list.  Anyway after my initial post on the subject (which *did*
finally show up), I followed up with this addendum to my second attempt at
posting it.  Eric's response follows, fyi (for those that are interested in
compiling from source on RH 8.0/K12LTSP 3.0):

---Sent Sunday, January 19, 2003 1:03 AM---
PS I *was* able to install Mandrake's "Cooker" RPM on my K12LTSP 3.0
set-up, and what do you know? It worked! I don't know what the damage is
from doing this (Ideally, I'd really just like to install from source from
the BOCHS site, but at this point I'll take what I can get.) For the daring
soul, the RPM I used is found at:

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake-devel/contrib/i586/bochs-2.0.1-2mdk.i586.rpm

So far I have run the following images in BOCHS + K12LTSP 3.0 (images
available from the BOCHS sourceforge download section):

FreeDos
Debian3
Linux (RedHat Rescue Disk image)

Next big test will be a Win32 install to BOCHS. That should be interesting.
There again, I would really like to have BOCHS optimized for RH 8 before
proceeding though...

---Eric responded on Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:32:17 -0800 (PST)---
>I tried compiling BOCHS 2.0.1 from source to no avail, it couldn't find
>gtk-config and ended during ./configure.  I issued "find |grep gtk-config"
>but it's not to be found anywhere on the box AFAIK...
>
>I'll keep searching for a solution.  Please, any help resolving this for
>K12LTSP 3.0 (RH 8.0) would be most appreciated.

	$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/gtk-config
	gtk+-devel-1.2.10-22

Install the gtk+-devel package and configure *should* find gtk-config

-Eric

If that does the trick I will try building an RPM from the BOCHS 2.0.1
source for my box with Checkinstall. :-)

Garret, I have not installed Win9x to BOCHS yet, but from the documentation
on the site, it doesn't look too complicated.  Will keep you posted as the
experimentation begins if you wish...

Wonder how it plays with openMosix? ;-)

James Jensen