[K12OSN] OT: Redhat 8

I just recently installed my first Redhat 8.0 (actually, from K12LTSP 3.0.0) and I just feel the need to say "wow."

I've never seen such a slick looking xwindows. I realize that this is months after everyone else has seen/reviewed RH8, but seeing is believing. This is the first release that hands-down looks nicer than windows. The anti-aliased fonts, the almost juicy-looking icons...

Anyway, just felt the need to comment. :) Like Paul mentioned a few posts ago -- I too have never really understood fonts and xwindows. If I did, I'd have my iBook (running debian) looking as snazzy as RH8.0 instead of the "chunky linux fonts" :)

Now the only thing left on my "checklist of things I wish linux did better" is printing. I can never seem to get printing to work 100% of the time. The frustrating part is that I never get errors, just sometimes no print job. :)

Thanks again to everyone involved in this project, it's making my life a lot nicer!

-Shawn Powers