Re: [K12OSN] screensavers

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:22:40 -0800, Chris Hobbs <chobbs silvervalley k12 ca us> wrote:

> Caleb Wagnon wrote:
> > How can I turn off all screensavers by default?
>
> I need to know this also. Since screensavers suck bandwidth drastically on X
> terminals, shouln't the default be either no screensavers or just screen
> blanking?

    I think it's an oversight; you can remove the individual screensaver programs ( rpm -vql xscreensaver | less ) and leave behind only the ones that are 'sane' enough in your own environment.  Or if you'd rather not actually remove them, set'em to 000 permissions.  That's what I did on our LTSP setup back in Chicago.

ICQ  5119262