Re: [K12OSN] Server Unable to access SWAP space

The rule of thumb has always been to allocate at least 50mb of ram per client.
Now there is no way we can set something like that in stone because it just
depends on what each client is doing. A figure like that is necessary,
however in the planning stages so you have at least SOME idea of what kind of
hardware you need to be looking at. Kde is big. 35 users and Kde with one gig
of ram might run, but its probably swapping like crazy. That's not counting
the other applications and the memory the server needs to take care of its
own processes. I'd do as Barry said and check for a corrupt swapfile, but
either way you look at it you NEED more Ram. Slap another stick in
there.....you might be surprised at the difference ;)
--
Caleb Wagnon, MCP
Office of Technology

Linux...
"Find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows"