Re: [K12OSN] default firewall restarts automatically

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Perry Paul Mathias wrote:

>i have an up-to-date k12ltsp 3.0 installation.  the other day i installed a third network card with a static ip to run a webserver (apache).   the webserver works fine however my problem is that windows clients in the lab have lost their internet connection as well as access to samba. i attempted to shut down the default firewall from webadmin but it restarts automatically.  our server is behind an existing firewall so i do not require the default firewall.  any suggestions?
>
>perry mathias, total education/ vsb, vancouver

There is a GUI tool for this, but I can never remember it's name.

The commandline method of turning services on or off by default is:

	/sbin/chkconfig <serivce name> on/off

For IPTables, this will turn it off by default:

	/sbin/chkconfig iptables off

-Eric