Re: [K12OSN] default firewall restarts automatically

Eric Harrison wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Perry Paul Mathias wrote:
>
> >i have an up-to-date k12ltsp 3.0 installation.  the other day i installed a third network card with a static ip to run a webserver (apache).   the webserver works fine however my problem is that windows clients in the lab have lost their internet connection as well as access to samba. i attempted to shut down the default firewall from webadmin but it restarts automatically.  our server is behind an existing firewall so i do not require the default firewall.  any suggestions?
> >
> >perry mathias, total education/ vsb, vancouver
>
> There is a GUI tool for this, but I can never remember it's name.

In KDE, it's under K->System->SysV-Init Editor (at least on my machine).
You can also bring it up by typing

# ksysv

Either way, you have to be root to do this (which is of course, a Good
Thing).

That said, I tend to use chkconfig as Eric spelled out below.