Re: [K12OSN] target audience

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Peter Newall wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have been evaluating the K12LTSP and have been pleased with the solution. It seems the key to getting it adopted is the programs available. While email, word processing, surfing the net and art packages such as GIMP are just what children need in secondary schools there seems a lack of suitable applications for primary age children 5 to 11 years old.  For K12LTSP to succeed in primary education it needs the range of applications to compete against the MS offerings.
>
>Any opinions or suggestions greatly appreciated.

The primary strength, as well as the primary weakness, of free software is
that it driven by the needs of its users.

Here's a number of projects that you can take a look at. Jump in give'm
a hand where you can ;-)

http://www.seul.org/edu/
http://schoolforge.net/
http://baldwinets.tripod.com/linux.html