    *From:* Peter Newall <mailto:Peter Newall2 btopenworld com>
    *To:* k12osn redhat com <mailto:k12osn redhat com>
    *Sent:* Wednesday, January 22, 2003 3:34 AM
    *Subject:* [K12OSN] target audience

Hello,
I have been evaluating the K12LTSP and have been pleased with the
solution. It seems the key to getting it adopted is the programs
available. While email, word processing, surfing the net and art
packages such as GIMP are just what children need in secondary
schools there seems a lack of suitable applications for primary
age children 5 to 11 years old. For K12LTSP to succeed in primary
education it needs the range of applications to compete against
the MS offerings.
Any opinions or suggestions greatly appreciated.
regards
Peter Newall
Diss
England