[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN digest, Vol 1 #737 - 12 msgs

>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:17:31 -0500
>From: Shawn Powers <spowers inland k12 mi us>
>To: "k12osn redhat com" <k12osn redhat com>
>Subject: [K12OSN] (repository) WAS:proposal template help
>
>I am currently writing scripts for our macintosh computers to access our
>linux document server.  We are using Macintosh Manager, and it's been
>the bane of my existence for several years.  Michigan is also facing a
>scary budgetary cut in school districts, so I am working on ways to cut
>costs.  Obviously, LTSP is a key ingredient.  So far I have:

Macs aren't so bad.  OS X has serious limitations, screwey file systems, etc., but it has cool stuff, too, and if your Macs are too old and feeblefor OS X, you can put Debian on them!

tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag