Re: [K12OSN] LVS and LTSP???

SHerl86064 aol com wrote:

does LVS work well with LTSP? if so are there any good resources avalible? and if LTSP doesn't work, what other load balancing solutions are there?

The short answer is no.

I spent a month with LVS-DR trying to make this fly, and it won't happen.

Basically, there are no other true load balancing solutions for X, only psuedo ones - where servers are chosen at random without regard for actual server loading.

I would love to be proved wrong, and I would hope you would take this as a challenge, rather than a dismissal.

I am thinking that the best solution would be something along the lines of hack gdm/xdm/kdm, or write our own *dm.

Another way, would be to have the Terminal Server (only one) provide XDMCP + Window Manager as it does now, and load /all/ the desktop Apps via ssh, and then load balance ssh to multiple servers, which should be easy.

8-/ Some good brainstorming is required now - hopefully we can pull a solution out of the hat that is do-able.

/steve