[K12OSN] Why different IP addresses? .... was .... Re: Son of Re: [K12OSN] x86thin ........

Hi Tom,

> <SNIP> I am curious why the Gateway and Vaio were offered different IP
> addresses when they were each the only client on the network when they
> tried to boot.

Probably because the IP address 'lease' for the machines had not
expired.

You will need to look in the DHCP server config to see what the default
lease time is.

This is easy to see if you are using webmin.

Cheers,
Bert