[K12OSN] state level advocacy

>Message: 5
>Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:47:49 -0500
>From: Shawn Powers <spowers inland k12 mi us>
>To: k12osn redhat com
>Subject: [K12OSN] Re: (repository) WAS:proposal template help
>
> >need windows for some state programs.  (Immunization records,  and
> >> some others)  So they might get stuck with 2 machines on their desks
> >> for a while.

What about running the nasty doze programs with a virtual machine or emulator like  win4lin, vmware or wine?

This has me thinking about state level advocacy.  Here in CT, the state DoEd is so backwards that only two years ago they were still sending files to schools on 5.25 inch  floppies.  Can you believe that?  And, they do require certain file formats on some documentation that apparently require windows software, I have just learned.  To require schools to use a proprietary format is a grave injustice, for sure.  Has anyone dealt successfully with this kind of ignorance at this level?

tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!
Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you yourchoice com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag