Hope this is what you are looking for.

Jim Hays, Technology Director
Monticello CUSD#25
#2 Sage Drive
Monticello, IL  61856
haysja sages us
Phone - 217-762-8511 ext 208
E-Fax - 1-240-201-6257

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-admin redhat com [mailto:k12osn-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of
aust_txv ACCESS-K12 org
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 10:05 AM
To: k12osn redhat com
Subject: [K12OSN] Don't laugh Quick Samba help here.

Hi All,
I can figure this out but the semester is ending today and come Monday the
new Samba server needs to be in place...Quick environment...Standard SMB
setup works fine using domain login to auth win98 users, login script works
to common shares...I can login as testaccount / testaccount and all works
well, home drive maps (h:) and the other common drives map as well.

I created ( actually I let webmin's bulk user loader ) 1800 student
accounts.
Created a group for every student. Issue the data used to create the batch
file has USERIDs in ALL CAPS...So all UNIX student accounts are in CAPS in
the userid and password. Lower case login  - My Home drive doesn't map and
I cannot see the share via win98 network neighborhood.  If I login using
all CAPS the map to H: works but I cannot read it.

How can I fix it ? Give me some insight here ? Should I just delete and
recreate the students with lower case user and passwords.  In a spreadsheet
program, can you change the case of all text in a cell.

Thanks,

Tom Ventresco