Re: [K12OSN] users selecting printers

Robert,
	local change of the default printer is very easy: in the user's
.bash_profile file add the following line:
PRINTER="name of the print queue"; export PRINTER
that makes straight lpr command to send output to this printer. selection,
especially limited, is harder - you need to replace lpr command with a
wrapper script that will allow the users to select a printer from the
list. it is not trivial, but it isn't brain surgery either. julius